The life of a vegetarian!

How did I become a vegetarian?

 

I was discussing with my friend who lives in Korea that they eat dog meat there. I felt really bad because I had a dog myself and I would never eat it, so I thought I would become a vegetarian for a few weeks and see what it's like not to eat meat. The food was very tasty, I think I will stay vegetarian longer!

 

The pros and cons of being a vegetarian.

Pros:

-a meat-free diet has a whole lot of health benefits

-a well balanced vegetarian diet helps prevent many diseases

-a vegetarian diet reduces the risk of: obesity, diabetes , high blood pressure, constipation and tooth decay.

 

Cons:

-too low an energy supply. Dangerous especially for people leading very active lifestyles, including athletes.

-low biological value of ingested protein.

-low availability of natural minerals: iron, calcium, zinc, iodine and omega-3 fatty acids.

 



Komentarze

Popularne posty